About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Anoa: Journal of Animal Husbandry is a published journal by the Department of Animal Science, Faculty of Science and Technology, Universitas Islam Negeri Alauddin Makassar since February 2022. Publish twice a year in February and August, focus is containing the results of research and review of fields of Animal Husbandry.
The Scope is Livestock Biotechnology, Livestock Production, Breeding and genetics, Livestock Reproduction, Nutrition and Animal Feed, Livestock Physiology, Animal Microbiology, Livestock Product Technology, Socio-Economic Livestock
Peer Review Process
All papers are fully peer-reviewed. We only publish articles that have been reviewed and approved by highly qualified researchers with expertise in a field appropriate for the article. We used double-blind peer-reviewing process.
In short, the steps are:
- Manuscript Submission (by author)
- Manuscript Check and Selection (by manager and editors). Editors have a right to directly accept, reject, or review. Prior to further processing steps, plagiarism check using turtitin is applied for each manuscript.
- Manuscript Reviewing Process (by reviewers)
- Notification of Manuscript Acceptance, Revision, or Rejection (by editor to author based on reviewers comments)
- Paper Revision (by author)
- Revision Submission based on Reviewer Suggestion (by author) with similar flow to point number 1.
- If reviewer seems to be satisfied with revision, notification for acceptance (by editor).
- Galley proof and publishing process
The journal editor or editorial board considers the feedback provided by the peer reviewers and arrives at a decision. The following are the most common decisions:
- accept without any changes (acceptance): the journal will publish the paper in its original form
- accept with minor revisions (acceptance): the journal will publish the paper and asks the author to make small corrections
- accept after major revisions (conditional acceptance ): the journal will publish the paper provided the authors make the changes suggested by the reviewers and/or editors
- revise and resubmit (conditional rejection): the journal is willing to reconsider the paper in another round of decision making after the authors make major changes
- reject the paper (outright rejection): the journal will not publish the paper or reconsider it even if the authors make major revisions