About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Rihlah Journal (e-ISSN: 2339-0921) is a national journal that publishes scientific articles in the fields of history and culture. Rihlah is published by the Department of History and Islamic Civilization, Faculty of Adab and Humanities, Alauddin State Islamic University Makassar. Rihlah regularly publishes articles twice a year, in June and December.
In the field of history, Rihlah Journal is interested in articles that describe the Dynamics of Islamic History, the Study of Regional History, the Study of Local History, the History of Religion and Belief, the History of Education, and other historical themes in various approaches.
In the field of culture, Rihlah Journal is interested in articles that describe topics related to Islamic Culture, Islamic Studies, Study of Manuscripts, Critical Study of Classical Works, Ethnographic Studies, Studies of Local Traditions, Architecture and Islamic Art, Cultural Phenomena and other related topics.
This journal accepts works in various formats such as articles from research results, presentations on scientific forums and also book reviews. Articles can be written for submission in Indonesian and English. Abstracts must be in two languages, in Indonesian and Arabic or Indonesian and English.
Once the article was published in the journal, the author(s) are:
- granted to the journal right licensed under Creative Commons License Attribution that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship.
- permitted to publish their work online in third parties as it can lead to wider dissemination of the work.
- continue to be the copyright owner and allow the journal to publish the article with the CC BY-NC-SA license
- receiving a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) of the work
Peer Review Process
Paper submitted to Rihlah: Jurnal Sejarah dan Kebudayaan will be reviewed by some expert of history and cultural studies from several universities. It will take for about a month to conduct the review. Every paper submitted will be scanned for plagiarism before it is sent to the reviewer.
To be published in this Journal, a paper should meet general criteria:
- The paper submitted in the journal must be original, unpublished work, and not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Provides strong evidence for its conclusions.
- Should be a research result or literature studies in history and culture field
- Ideally, interesting to researchers in history and culture field and other related disciplines.
All manuscripts submitted to Rihlah: Jurnal Sejarah dan Kebudayaan must be checked through Turnitin.
Every article that goes through the turnitin process must be below the 20% scale. If it is found plagiarism indication (more than 20 %), the board will reject the manuscript immediately.
If the article is submitted in English, the author is recommended to check the structure of the writing or check with online tools such as grammarly.
Open Access Policy
Rihlah Jurnal Sejarah dan Kebudayaan provides immediate open access to its content once the articles are published on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.