The journal publishes manuscripts written both in Bahasa Indonesia and English. Manuscripts submitted for publication must be original contributions. They should not have been previously published or under consideration by any other publisher. Only under special circumstances will the Editorial Team consider republishing specific papers already published elsewhere (with due copyright permission) if such papers are deemed worthy of wider circulation, and at the request of the author.
- All manuscripts submitted to the journal must through similarity checker . The task will be taken by an editor.
- As author(s), you should firstly download the journal template HERE as it can help you to follow the journal layout.
- Before submitting your papers, please register HERE to get your author account.
- Once you finished submitting the manuscripts, you might log out from your author account. You may often check your paper's status through your author account.
- Regarding the bibliography/references, the journal applies Chicago Manual of Style 17th (full note). Therefore, we hope author(s) concern on it. In addition, it is fully suggested for author(s) to use reference manager tools such as
Once an article was published in the journal, the author(s) are:
- granted to the journal right licensed under Creative Commons License Attribution that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship.
- permitted to publish their work online in third parties as it can lead wider dissemination of the work.
- continue to be the copyright owner and allow the journal to publish the article with the CC BY-NC license
- receiving a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) of the work.
Al-Risalah : Jurnal Ilmu Syariah dan Hukum, with registered number ISSN 2252-8334 (print), ISSN 2550-0309 (online) is a scholarly journal. It covers lot of common problems or recent issues related to librarianship, information, and archive science. The aim of this journal publication is to disseminate scholarly works, conceptual thoughts or ideas that have been related in the area of the subject covered. We encourage the author(s) to write the introduction properly.
2. How to Write the Title, the Name, and the Author’s Address
The title of the manuscript should be written on the top of the first page with the center text alignment. Meanwhile, the author’s name (without academic degree), and the affiliation address of the author, should be written with the center text alignment also under the title of the article. The author should give two line spaces between the title and the author’s name. Then, the space between the author’s affiliation address and the abstract title is one space. The keywords must be written below the overall abstract for all words. Those should be arranged in alphabetical order and be separated by semicolon maximally three to five words. Moreover, the title of the article that is written in Bahasa Indonesia should be also stated in English either (look at the example above).
The responsible author, the correspondence author, or the corresponding author must be written first and then followed by the second, the third, and so on. The communication regarding the article revision and the final statement will be informed via email to the correspondence author only. If there is more than one author, the author’s names should be written down separatedly by comma (,). If the author’s name consists of at least two words, the first name should not be shorted. If the author’s names are only one word, it should be written as it is. However, in the online version it will be written in two words with the same name repeatedly for the purpose of the metadata indexing. (Camdali and Tunc, 2006; Fridman, 2008).
3. The Manuscript General Guidelines
The manuscript text general guidelines are as follows:
- The manuscript is the authentic research result that has not been published yet in other publication media or publishing houses.
- The manuscript does not contain any plagiarism element. The editorial board will directly reject the text that indicates plagiarism.
- The submission and the publication processes are free, without any additional fees.
- The manuscript that has been written under the guidelines of Al-Risalah : Jurnal Ilmu Syariah dan Hukum (in MS Word format, use this article template) must be submitted through Online Submission System using Open Journal System (OJS)
- The manuscript article writing guidelines and template can be downloaded (see above).
- The manuscript online submission can be viewed in the part of online submission guidelines above.
- The manuscript which is inappropriate with the Al-Risalah : Jurnal Ilmu Syariah dan Hukum writing guidelines will be returned to the author before the reviewing process.
- The manuscript should contain several aspects of a scientific article as follows: (subtitles as the order), which are: (a) the title of the article, (b) the author’s name (no academic title), (c) the afiliated author’s address, (d) the author’s email (e) the abstract and the keywords, (f) the introduction, (g) the research method (h), the research findings and discussion (i), the conclusion (j), the references.
- The subtitles included in the discussion part (Introduction, Theoretical Review, Writing Methods, Result and Discussion, and Conclusion) should be numbered in the Arabic numbering order started from one. The subtitles are written in the bold and title case format. It uses the left text alignment without underline. The next expanded subtitles should be written in the bold and sentence case format, It should uses the left text alignment and the numbering format level two.
- The manuscript can be written both in Bahasa Indonesia or English with the standard language. The manuscript should consist of fifteen (15) to twenty five (25) pages including pictures and tables. The manuscript text ought to be written as this article template in the camera ready mode. The article is written on A4-sized papers (210x297 mm), with custom margins as follows: left 25 mm, right 20 mm, bottom 20 mm and top 30 mm.
- The text of the articles must be in Book Antiqua, 12pt font size, 1.5 line-spacing, separated into one column.
- The words from uncommon or foreign languages are stated in Italic format. For the article in Bahasa Indonesia, foreign terms or words should be avoided. Each paragraph started 10mm from the left side border while there is no spaces among paragraphs. All numbers are written in Arabic numbering format, except for the new sentence.
- The tables and pictures are placed in the text group after the referenced tables or pictures. Each picture must be given a caption (Figure Caption) below the picture and be numbered in Arabic numbering format followed by the picture title. Each table must be given a table title (Table Caption) and numbered in Arabic numbering format above the table followed by the table title. The pictures attachment should be guaranteed that they can be printed well (font size, resolution and line space are clearly seen). The picture, the table, and the chart should be placed in the center between text groups. If it has a bigger size, it can be placed in the center of page. The table should not contain vertical lines, while horizontal lines are allowed only for the important point.
4. The Guidelines for the Manuscript Body Text
The title of the manuscript: The title should be informative and be written both briefly and clearly. It cannot diverse multi interpretations. It has to be pinpoint with the issues that will be discussed. The beginning word is written in capital case and symmetrically. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviation. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by its explanations. The article title should be written within twelve words, 12pt-sized font, with the bold selection and in the center text format. Meanwhile, the abstract has to be written within 250 words maximum and followed by with three to five keywords.
Introduction: The introduction must contain (shortly and consecutively) a general background and a literature review (state of the art) as the basic of the brand new research question, statements of the brand new scientific article, main research problems, and the hypothesis. In the final part of the introduction, the purpose of the article writing should be stated. In the scientific article format, it does not allow to write down the references as in the research report. They should be represented in the literature review to show the brand new of the scientific article.
The literature review: contains a systematic description of previous studies relevant to the research. This section describes the strengths and limitations of previous research that can be material for argument that the current work is conducted to refine or develop prior research. This section also contains theoretical basis, basic concepts and principles required for problem solving related to the research. The literature review can be in the form of qualitative descriptions, mathematical models, concepts, or tools related to the study. All sources cited in the study must be clearly written in the reference list.
Methods: The method is implemented to solve problems, including analytic methods. The methods used in the problem solving of the research are explained in this part.
Discussion and Result: This part consists of the research results and how they are discussed. The results obtained from the research have to be supported by sufficient data. The research results and the discovery must be the answers or the research hypothesis stated previously in the introduction part.
Conclusion: This is the final part containing conclusions and advices. The conclusions will be the answers of the hypothesis, the research purposes and the research discoveries. The conclusions should not contain only the repetition of the results and discussions. It should be the summary of the research results as the author expects in the research purposes or the hypothesis. The advices contain suggestions associated with further ideas from the research.
References: All the references that used in the article must be listed in this part. In this part, all the used references must be taken from primary sources (scientific journals and the least number is 80% from all the references) that published in the last ten years. Each article should has at least ten references.
5. The Guidelines for the Citations and References
All the served data or quotes in the article taken from the other author articles should attach the reference sources. the journal wisely encourages that the references should use a reference application management tool such as Mendeley or Zotero. The writing format that used in Al-Risalah : Jurnal Ilmu Syariah dan Hukum follows the format applied by Chicago Manual of Style 17th (full note).
6. The Online Submission Manuscript Guidelines
The manuscript text must be submitted by one of two systems (second procedure is more preferable):
- The document should submitted by Online Submission System in the Al-Risalah : Jurnal Ilmu Syariah dan Hukum
- Firstly, the author should register as an author or reviewer in the “Register”
- After the registration step is completed, log in as an author, click in “New Submission”. The article submission stage consists of five stages, such as: (1). Start, (2). Upload Submission, (3). Enter Metadata, (4). Upload Supplementary Files, (5). Confirmation.
- In the “Start” column, chose Journal Section (Full Article), check all the checklists.
- In the “Upload Submission” Columns, upload the manuscript files in MSWord format in this column.
- In the “Enter Metadata” columns, fill in with all the author data and affiliation. Including the Journal Title, Abstract and Indexing Keywords.
- In the “Upload Supplementary Files” columns, the author is allowed to upload supplementary files, the statement letter, or any other else.
- In the “Confirmation” columns, if the data you entered are all correct already, then click “Finish Submission”.
- If the author has difficulties in the submission process through the online system, please contact The Author’s Guideline of Al-Risalah : Jurnal Ilmu Syariah dan Hukum editorial team at firstname.lastname@example.org