About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The journal focuses subjects regarding of library, information, and archieve sciences and its development. The journal's scope as follows;
- Digital Library
- Integrated Library System (ILS) / Technology in Library
- Library Preservation
- Knowledge Management
- Online Database / Electronic Publishing
- Citation Studies
Once the article was published in the journal, the author(s) are:
- granted to the journal right licensed under Creative Commons License Attribution that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship.
- permitted to publish their work online in third parties as it can lead wider dissemination of the work.
- continue to be the copyright owner and allow the journal to publish the article with the CC BY-NC-SA license
- receiving a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) of the work
Peer Review Process
Every manuscript submitted to Khizanah al-Hikmah : Jurnal Ilmu Perpustakaan, Informasi, dan Kearsipan undergoes a double-blind peer review process starting with initial review by the Editorial Board members and is independently reviewed by at least two reviewers. Decision for publication, amendment, or rejection is mostly based upon their reports/recommendation. The reviewing process takes up to 1-4 months from the date of receipt of the article. Where manuscript revision is required, authors are urged to ensure that the necessary corrections are made before the manuscript can be accepted for production. The Editorial Board members, however, reserves the right to make the final decision on the status of the manuscript with regard to publication.
Open Access Policy
The journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available through the globe.
This publishing ethics is mostly adopted from Elsevier Publishing Ethics
1. Duties of the Publisher
- As the publisher of the journal, Jurusan Ilmu Perpustakaan UIN Alauddin Makassar must stand as a guardiance of the scholarly papers published by the journal.
- The publisher must fully support the huge efforts made by the editors.
- As a peer review journal, the publisher must built a solid communication with the reviewers.
- The publisher should have relationship with other institutions in the field. Besides, we must also provide editors with technical, procedural, and legal support. And the most important thing is to educate authors/researchers on publishing etics.
2. Duties of the Editors
- Publication Decision
The editor of the journal is solely and independently responsible for deciding which articles submitted to the journal should be published.
The editor shall ensure that the peer review process is fair, unbiased, timely. Research articles must typically be reviewed by at least two external and independent reviewers. The editor must keep a good communication with reviewers.
- Fair Play
The editor should evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content regardless of race, gender, sexual, orientation, religous belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
The editor shall use the journal's standard electronic submission system for all journal communications.
The editor shall establish, along with the publisher, a transparent mechanism for appeal against editorial decisions.
3. Duties of the Reviewers
- Contribution to Editorial Decisions
Peer review assists the editor in making editorial decisions and through the editorial communications with the author may also assist the author in improving the paper. Peer review is an essential component of formal scholarly communication, and lies at the heart of the scientific method.
Reviewers must keep the received papers as confidential documents. They must not share the review or information about the paper with anyone or contact the author directly without permission from the editor.
- Standard of Objectivity and Competing Interests
Reviews should be conducted objectively. Reviewers should be aware of any personal bias they may have and take this into account when reviewing a paper. Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate. Referees should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
If a reviewer suggests that an author includes citations to the reviewer's (or the associates') work, this must be for genuine scientific reasons and not with the intention of increasing reviewer's citation count or enhancing the visibility of their work (or that of their associates).
4. Duties of Authors
- The authors must ensure that his/her manuscript does not infringe any copyright laws, and must indemnify the editors and publisher against any copyright infringement.
- It is the responsibility of the authors to obtain permission to use copyrighted material and provide such evidence upon submitting the manuscript.
Above all, matters about journal publishing ethics refer to "Peraturan Kepala Lembaga Ilmu Pengetahuan Indonesia Nomor 5 Tahun 2014 Tentang Kode Etika Publikasi Ilmiah" (The Rules of Indonesian Institute of Sciences Regarding of Code of Scientific Publication Ethics) as it can be downloaded HERE.
Universitas Islam Negeri Alauddin Makassar
Khizanah al-Hikmah : Jurnal Ilmu Perpustakaan, Informasi, dan Kearsipan (Journal of Library, Information, and Archive Science) has been publishing academic works since 2013. It is fully managed by the Department of Library Science, Universitas Islam Negeri Alauddin Makassar. The department was established in 1999, but no publication media at the time until 2013. The department faced challenges to publish the works. The year 2013 has witnessed the journal's establishment and it was the starting year of the journal publishing academic works. Currently, many research papers are attracted to publish in the journal.