The draft is submitted to the OJS and also the editor of Biogenesis through email at email@example.com. The soft copy is in file Microsoft Word. File Microsoft form with the name of the author (corresponding author).
Author/s who wants to submitted his/her article, please expected to consider the following rules:
The general writing format
- The draft is typed on a computer using MS Word with 2 columns (except title, name, abstract) font Times New Roman size 12pt, A4 paper, above margin 3 cm, bottom margin 2cm, left margin 2 cm and right margin is 2 cm.
- Maximum number of page 10 pages
- The pages is numbered and placed on the right above
- Manuscript contains: title, affiliation, abstract, keywords, introduction, method, results, discussion, conclusion and suggestion, acknowledgements and references
Times new roman, not exceeded 14 words, font size 14, bold, one space, first word is capital, short, clear, briefly and informative.
Full name (capital), without title, name of institution (with postal code), email address. Research team with different affiliation should written:
FIRST AUTHOR NAME1, SECOND AUTHOR NAME2
1Department, Faculty, University
Institution Address (postal code)
2Department, Faculty, University
Institution Address (postal code)
Abstract is written in Indonesia and English, not exceeded from 150-300 words in one paragraph, including the summary along with the background, the purpose of the research, findings and conclusion. Keywords about 5 words written alphabetically.
Provide the background, reason, and purpose of the research. This is an essential part for the readers who do not familiar with the topic. The background includes previous journals related to the topic of the research. The purpose of the research is placed at the end of the introduction. The citation on text is ”name and year” (e.g: Albert, 2009 or Albert et al., 2014). If there are two authors use ”&” (e.g: Albert & Grey, 2003).
Research method and data analysis should be explained. The method used, including how to use the tools, should be written in detail if it is a new method that has never been published. Unit of measurement uses international standard unit (g, kg, L, cm) and writing model g/L. If the research uses some strains/isolates/strains, they should be written in table form with the identity (name, code, number of collection, source and other characters). Tables and images are in separate file. Give description on top of the table. The description for image is below the image.
The results are listed by research method. Omitting references in results. Images, graphics and table is 11 times new roman, one space and auto fit to window.
Discussions are presented clearly and informative. Data discussed by comparing the data obtained with the previous data. Explaining the similarities and differences as well as demonstrate the uniqueness of the invention.
Conclusion and Suggestion
The conclusion is the summary of the issue presented. Suggestion (if there are) should be based on the research findings and refer for future research.
Address appreciations to people who play the main role in the research, such as the research sponsor and those who assist the research process (institution or individual).
- The author's name should be clear. If the author's name consists of more than one word, then used the last name, first name and middle name should be abbreviated. E.g: Taufik Ahmad Wahyudi written Wahyudi AT.
- If there are more than two authors then all the author's name is listed (not abbreviated by et or et al). Format: (name of the author, year of publication), (name of first author and the second author's name, year of publication), (the first author's name, second author's name, the third author’s name. The year of issue) and so on.
- Adapted reference adapted minimal last 10 years.
- Adapted reference is 70% scientific journals with DOI number.
- We encourage author(s) to write the References using Reference-Manager software. There are options for such software, freeware or paid software. Free software recommended by the editor is Mendeley.
- References writing format should be composed containing only references referred to in the manuscript in alphabetic order according to the bibliographic format of APA style:
- National/International Journals
- Author 1, Author 2, Author 3. Year. Title. Journal Name. volume (number):page. DOI Number
- E.g: Wahyudi AT, Takeyama H, Okamura Y, Fukuda Y, Matsunaga T. 2003. Characterization of Aldehyde Ferredoxin Oxidoreductase-Gene Defective Mutant in Magnetospirillum magneticum AMB-1. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. vol 303(2):223-229. doi: https://doi.org/10.24252/bio.v1i1.441
- National/International Proceeding
- Author 1, Author 2, Author 3. Year. Title. Proceeding name. Date of Seminar/Symposium. Place: Publisher. ISSN/ISBN. page.
- E.g: Sudarmono dan Elly KA. 2011. Kearifan Lokal Masyarakat Kabupaten Katingan Provinsi Kalimantan Tengah dalam Melestarikan Buah-Buahan Lokal Kalimantan di Kebun Raya Katingan. Prosiding Seminar Nasional Hari Lingkungan Hidup. 23 Juli 2011. Purwokerto: PPLH-LPPM UNSOED. ISBN 978-602-19161-0-0. hal 30-38.
- Author 1, Author 2, Author 3. Year. Title. Place: Publisher. page
- E.g: Delaplane KS and Mayer DF. 2000. Crop Pollination by Bees. New York: CABI Publishing. pp 344.
- Setiadi, Parimin, Haryadi L. 2006. Bertanam Melon. Jakarta: Penebar Swadaya. hal 96.
- Chapter from book
- Author 1, Author 2, Author 3. Year. Book title: chapter of book title. in: Editor (eds). title. Place: Publisher. page.
- E.g: Weir BS. 2006. Intraspecific differentiation. In: Hillis DM, Moritz C, Mable BK (eds). Molecular Systematics. 2nd ed. Massachusetts: Sinauer Assc. pp 385-405.
- College’s research/thesis/dissertation
- Author. Year. Title [Thesis/Dissertation]. Place: University.
- E.g: Widayanti KA. 2006. Color Perception of L4M5 Gene Carrier Female Macaca fascicularis [Thesis]. Bogor: Bogor Agricultural Univ.
Volume 7 no. 1 tahun 2013
Volume 7 no. 2 tahun 2013
volume 8 nomor 1 tahun 2014
volume 8 nomor 2 tahun 2014
This license allows authors to copy, redistribute, remix, transform, and build upon the Work, in any format or medium, for any purpose including commercial purpose, on a perpetual basis provided they credit the Work and the authors. Authors
must explain any changes that were made from the original and may not suggest the authors endorse the use. The resultant work must be made available under the same terms, and must include a link to the CC BY 4.0 International License.